OPI launched the Mariah Carey for OPI nail polish collection in January 2013. The collection introduced 8 new limited-edition shades, selected personally by the multiple Grammy Award winning singer.
“OPI is extremely excited to work with Mariah. She’s very passionate about beauty and her nails in particular… She’s classic, but she can be edgy at certain times… It appeals to me that she’s a mom, she’s a working woman and then she has this very glitzy glamour side to her… Her music, which includes 18 Billboard No. 1 singles, served as a wonderful inspiration for glamorous, sultry, vibrant colors… ”
Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI Executive VP & Artistic Director
In the picture below from left to right we have the Studio colors:
- A Butterfly Moment NL M41 (swatch) – This sophisticated and frosty tan nude has us all a-flutter
- Pink Yet Lavender NL M43 – This pink glitter with lavender shimmer has superstar shine!
- Anti-Bleak NL M44 – This deep, creamy purple will lift your spirits
- Sprung NL M42 – Fall hopelessly in love with this shimmery copper
The other 4 nail polishes from the Mariah Carey by OPI collection feature a new technologically advanced finish called Liquid Sand. Fluid as sand in the bottle, OPI liquid sand dries to a textured matte finish infused with reflective glints of light ranging from subtle to sparkle. The polishes should be worn without top coat.
“To pay homage to Mariah’s iconic status, we wanted to launch her collection with something completely new and exciting. OPI Liquid Sand nail lacquer offers a never-before-seen look with a pebbled finish that lightly shimmers with fine glitter particles. Worn without top coat, Liquid Sand lacquer gives nails a unique textured matte finish worthy of a superstar.”
In the picture below from left to right we have the sands from the Stage part of the collection:
- The Impossible NL M48 – This matte fuchsia with star confetti will never give up
- Can’t Let Go NL M47 – Hold onto this matte purple with dazzling sparkle
- Stay the Night NL M45 – Make it last in this matte black with red glints
- Get Your Number NL M46 – Wearing this matte blue with sparkles is a great call
All 4 sands are available in a mini set: