This spring OPI looked to the world famous New York City Ballet to inspire its upcoming line of SoftShades 2012 pastel colors ready to “spin and shimmer and jump with style”.
New York City Ballet is rich with artistic history and has a renowned reputation that brings people from around the world to see NYCB performances. The dancers, choreography and costumes provided a wealth of inspiration for a range of soft, feminine hues.
The beige, pink, and white lacquers bring to mind classic ballet slippers, tutus and leotards, while the sheer lilac and gray add muted color to ballet’s traditional pink.
Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI Executive VP & Artistic Director
The six-shade OPI NYCB collection centers around soft pastels with dove grey, ballet slipper pink and lavender shade accompanied by a glamorous silver glitter (see the pics below L-R):
- Barre My Soul NL T50 – a sheer beige shade
- You Callin’ Me a Lyre? NL T51 – A true ballet slipper pink – a soft pink nail polish
- Don’t Touch My Tutu! NL T52 – a sheer white
- Care to Danse? NL T53 – a genteel lilac color
- My Pointe Exactly NL T54 – a sheer grey polish
- Pirouette My Whistle NL T55 – an amazing silver sparkling shade