When I ordered these nail wraps last year in November, I was planning to use them for a festive Christmas manicure. Unfortunately post office ruined my plans and I got the wraps only after Christmas. That’s why I postponed writing the review “until better times”. Yesterday however I gave a closer look at the wraps’ design and I got an idea of how to use them in an everyday manicure, paired with Dance Legend #22 Party Time :)
The nail wraps have a good packaging, so they can make a nice gift to a friend :) There are 14 nail wraps in the set, of different sizes and Christmas themed designs.
The printing on the nail wraps is very good: bright colors, detailed design and sharp edges. Silver shimmer makes them look even more festive. Best of all – they glow in the dark!
These are full size nail wraps, and because of their big size I think they can fit even long acrylic nails, not to mention natural nails. The biggest of them is 15mm in width and 24mm in length, and the smallest is 11mm in width and the same 24mm in length.
For my accent ring fingernails I chose 2 wraps of middle size 13x24mm, but to fit my nails I had to cut the wraps on the sides using manicure scissors, and to file away excess from nail edges.
Overall I liked the decals but here’re some facts and thoughts:
- It is said on the package that you don’t need any tools to apply the wraps. Wrong. You’ll need a file and probably manicure scissors to make them fit your nails better.
- It is said you can apply the wraps on naked nails. Yes, you can, but the thing is the wraps are semi transparent, and where you see white in the design, you’ll get a color of your nails. So I strongly recommend using the wraps over a white base. For example, I applied them over Essie Blanc (pure white creme nail polish).
- The wraps are very stretchy and very sticky. I have curved nail beds and I had no problem applying the wraps without any wrinkles or lose edges.
- Do the wraps glow in the dark? Yes, they do!
- I tried to remove the nail wraps using a nail polish remover… without any luck. It’s said in the instructions that the wraps should be removed with 50°C water. You soak your nails for 8 minutes in warm water and peel the wraps off. At first I was afraid to wash my hands, but the wraps survived 2 quick showers and I also washed my hands several times, as I wore the manicure for 2 days.
I doubt you’ll need Christmas nail wraps any time soon, but if you are interested, you can find them here in Born Pretty Store, with my code MARIX31 you’ll get a discount. At Born Pretty Store they have lots and lots of other nail wraps and decals for different holidays, so maybe you’ll find some other interesting designs there :)
Thank you for reading! See you xxx