There’s nothing new about puzzle nail art, I saw it on many blogs. I also noticed that the most popular pattern is a 4 piece puzzle design, that’s why I decided to go with more pieces :)
To escape the undesired “too much” effect I used the puzzle pattern as an accent, and the rest of my nails I painted with a bright pink creme Orly Basket Case.
For the pattern I decided to go with a vibrant summer color palette. Here’s a close up of the accent:
Overall, I used 6 colors to make the puzzle:
- Lumene Have Fun – a white creme, I used it as a base to make the colors pop
- Orly Basket Case – a bright pink creme, I like it on its own, as well as in nail designs
- Orly Frisky – a beautiful light blue creme, I love it a lot!
- Orly Fresh – a bright almost neon green, I have noting like this one in my collection. Probably will repurchase.
- Sephora Yellow Umbrella – just like the name says, it’s yellow
- Sinful Colors Candy Coated – lilac jelly
The puzzle pieces were small, so I outlined them with black acrylic paint, to make the borders more obvious. Aaand one more picture of my puzzle nail design:
I must say I enjoyed wearing this mani quite a lot :) Very summer-y!
Thank you for looking, see you soon xxx