Happy Sunday everyone! Today I’d like to show you a nail design that can be easily done with a cocktail straw.
Best thing about a variety of straw nail designs is that it’s quick and easy to do them on both hands. The circles done with a cocktail straw require no precision :)
I painted my nails white and waited for them to dry. Then I dipped a cocktail straw into a grey nail polish and stamp it on my nails randomly. I repeated the process using a blue polish, and waited again for the circles to dry. After that I sealed the design with one coat of clear top.
For the cocktail straw nail design I used:
- Orly Nail Defense clear base
- OPI Alpine Snow – white base (2 coats)
- Rimmel Grey Matter – grey circles
- Sally Hansen Blue Me Away! – blue circles
- clear top
- and a cocktail straw
Now, after some practice, I learned two rules of straw nail art:
- Not to do too many circles, because it will look a little too overpowering and the desirable effect will be lost.
- It’s better to choose bright and contrast colors, that will stand out against the background. I tried yellow & grey combo on white at first, and yellow circles were hardly visible, that’s why I changed it to SH blue.
Thank you for reading! See you soon ♥