The winter is approaching, and today I really wanted to paint my nails pink and not just pink, but pink with flowers! Not appropriate for the season? Perhaps… and yet here they are :)
For this look, I used OPI Shorts Story as the base color. It’s a super girly pink nail polish, they often call such colors Barbie pinks :) The polish was released in 2009 with OPI & Paige Premium Denim Summer collection.
Shorts Story looks great with tanned skin during summer months, both on hands and toes. Now my skin can hardly be called tanned, so I hope the flowers will spice up the manicure a bit ^^ For the flowers, I used a combination of grey, purple, yellow and lilac, and I painted them with my dotting tool (if you don’t have a dotting tool, you can use a bobby pin or something similar).
Overall, for the floral nail design I needed:
- Lumene Gloss and Care base
- OPI Shorts Story NL B86 – pink base color
- OPI Done Out In Deco – lilac petals
- Orly Lemonade – light yellow petals
- OPI Sapphire In the Snow HL A07 – dark purple petals
- OPI Pamplona Purple NL E50 – purple petals
- Sally Hansen Wet Cement – grey petals
- Clear top coater
- Dotting tool
OPI Shorts Story agreed to pose for the final picture together with Sapphire in the Snow:
Thank you for reading! :)