Please let me linger a bit longer in my dream of strawberry fields…
Hello everyone! The weather is marvellous here and I hope that you too are enjoying the sunshine and having fun. Today I’d love to share with you a manicure that can easily epitomize Summer – I polished my nails so they look like cute ripe strawberries :)
I believe there are lots of strawberry nails tutorials on youtube and other beauty blogs, so here I will only explain the idea in two words. Strawberry nails are surprisingly easy to do in 4 simple steps:
- Polish your nails red with a delicious red nail polish and let that dry.
- Paint 3-4 small green triangles at the top of each nail – that will make the leaves. You can also add some light green strokes over green to make the leaves look more fresh and vivid.
- Place yellow dots over the red part of “strawberries” using a dotting tool / toothpick / thin brush.
- Apply a clear topcoat to even the surface, and enjoy this wonderful summer look!
My strawberry nails, version #1 – the way they looked this morning:
I’ve done this classic manicure many times before, but today I felt like something is missing in the design, so I decided to customize it. I thought it would be nice to add some white flowers and green leaves to the accent fingernails.
Strawberry nails, version #2 – it’s how they look right now:
Overall for the strawberry nail art I needed:
- Red base color – OPI Color So Hot It Berns (2 coats) – it’s an amazing super bright red polish, I absolutely love it!
- Dark green base color for the accents, and for the triangle leaves – Alessandro Green Genie
- Light green color for leaves – Orly Green Apple
- White nail polish for flowers – Sally Hansen White On
- Pale yellow color for flowers and dots – Orly Lemonade
- Thin brush
- Clear top for extra gloss finish – Orly Glosser
That’s it for today. I hope you liked my strawberry nails :)
As always, thank you for reading! xxx