I’ve never been to Japan, but I admire their tradition of enjoying the beauty of spring flowers. The cherry blossom season is currently approaching its peak in many locations across Japan. Yesterday the opening of the blossoms was announced in Tokyo. Kyoto and Osaka are forecast to follow on April 2. Yes, don’t be surprised, every year they have the Sakura Blossom forecast in Japan!
Unfortunately I’m not there to see this beautiful season of sakura bloom, but I decided to do a sakura nail design to celebrate it anyway :)
For the sakura nails design I needed:
- Light mint blue base – Essence You Belong to Me (2 coats)
- Brown color – OPI You Don’t Know Jaques?
- White sakura petals – Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On
- Pink petals – Orly Hot Stuff
- Clear top – Orly Glosser (1 thin layer)
Sakura twigs done with a thin nail art brush. I was thinking of applying some glitter to add more sparkles to the design, but finally I decided to leave it as it is, because it looks quite colorful already :)
This is how my sakura nails look like from a distance:
Thank you for reading! I hope you liked the idea xxx